Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Existentially

Existentially

I.

That is the rain; or first step,

Breathing through agony & pills.

See \ myself withered and dusty,

Before I look…what’s next?

No god or awakening,

Or reunion.

No breaths or cigarettes,

Or touch,

Strange air…my mind blooms

In wet cardboard box,

That will eventually just eat itself.

And then what?

And then What?

II.

The prophets are in the desert,

I am in the desert / among fools

With their smudged aces.

Starless trenches of mountainous heat,

Horizon bleeding trinity of color /

Between

Squinting eyes and silhouettes,

Dense air, hanging like smoke

Between notes in a wailing chorus.

Whiskey feet against microscopic stones,

Dancing wildly,

The abandoned steel and flesh

Roasting for perfection,

In praise to emptiness and hunger.

No comments: